Sunday, February 14, 2016

Russian PM Medvedev: Syria Would Be In Chaos If Assad Ousted



Euronews: Exclusive: Syria would be ‘chaos’ if Assad ousted, says Medvedev

US Secretary of State John Kerry said that if the Syrian peace plan fails, more foreign troops could enter the conflict.

Countries such as Saudi Arabia say they are willing to increase their involvement in Syria.

The Global Conversation spoke to Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.

You can watch the full interview with Medvedev on Euronews TV and online from 18h CET today, Sunday, February 14.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: He is right. The past few years have shown that when a strongman is removed from power in the Middle East, carnage and war have become the result .... with groups like Al Qaeda and The Islamic State in the wings ready to take power. If given a choice between these two evils, I would take Assad over these groups any-day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you are, first you are russian, second you support a terrorist regime (putin and Assad that kill civillians).

I can tell about Tunisia, Egypt. Do you see war in Tunisia?

Anonymous said...

Yes close to civil war and they have highest number of Isis johadist

War News Updates Editor said...

Anon. I said .... if given the choice of two evils. Personally .... if I was living in any of these troubled spots .... I would be saving my money to take my family and flee to a safer place .... Europe or the Americas.

Unknown said...

What Hamilcar said.

With the addendum that I hate the government not the people, which is proably where Barca is but did not say in so many words.

Unknown said...

WNU,

Sometimes you save money, you flee and they will not let you enter.

Like the Jews in the 1930s.

Anonymous said...

I would hate to see chaos in Syria. If Assad were ousted I would have to change my vacation plans.